The European Institute for Socioeconomics is a Non-Profit-Organization according to German civil law.
Its objective is to enforce interdisciplinary research on socio-economic topics.
Scientific director: Univ.-Prof. Dr. sc. pol. Christian Pierdzioch
Representative of the scientific director: Univ.-Prof. Dr. phil. Eike Emrich
Tresurer: Dr. phil. Werner Pitsch
- Promotion of socio-economic research
- Application of economic and social science research approaches to problems of the private and public economy
- Development of scientifically sound foundations for the preparation and evaluation of economic and social policy decisions.
- Demography, economy and society
- Global dynamics, European integration and regional economic development
- Labor markets and global change
- Economics and sociology of organizations and public administrations
- Socio-economic dynamics in social subsystems (e.g. in the sports and health system)
- Educational economics / sociology